Jazz Trombone Quartet Arrangements by Scott Reeves
All compositions are copyrighted by the composers and arrangements licensed to Reebone Music. Arrangments marked with a asterisk (*) are featured on the CD, Tribute.
- This update of the classic Duke Ellington/Juan Tizol standard alternates between latin and swing sections and features a powerful, modern-sounding shout chorus.
- *Congressional Roll Call-
- an Ornette Coleman inspired line with intricate ensemble passages and space for free improvisation.
- A modal composition by Bob Brookmeyer, this arrangement includes Clark Terry's improvised solo as a shout chorus.
- Nica's Dream-
- An authentic re-creation of the Horace Silver latin jazz standard, complete with introduction, interlude, backgrounds, shout chorus, and coda.
- Gabriel Gaure's beautiful piece for guitar and chamber orchestra receives a jazz interpretation. Contrapuntal lines and a modal vamp provide a unique setting for the soloists.
- Morning Song-
- Award-winning bossa with interesting changes and contrapuntal shout chorus.
- T.D.'s Dilemma-
- A bebop chart based on the Tommy Dorsey theme song; includes a shout chorus and backgrounds for soloists.
- *Waltz from Shape Shifter-
- Based on a 12-tone row; includes many time changes.
Main page | About Scott Reeves | New York City Performances
International Residencies | Books & CD's | Free Downloads of Scores | Contact Scott